function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
6ftnGlassy6ftnGlassy 

New maildrop 2.4

Hi guys,

As always, great app!  But I downloaded the update 2.4 this morning.  Then I tried to add an email.  Typically I type in some key words from the opportunity name and several choices appear.  Did that this morning and only one choice appears.  And it is the incorrect choice.  No matter what key words I use, only one and often, no opportunity is found.  

For the particular keywords I am using, there should be at least 4 opportunities returned.  What am I missing?

Thanks  -P

ADKADK

I am having the same problem. Hopefully a fix is coming soon, I completely rely on MailDrop!

westnerwestner

Same problem for me, too!

I also am really unhappy that I can no longer add attachments to an Opportunity - ack, losing functionality is bad!!!

SuperfellSuperfell

Do you get the right results if you switch back to 2.2, nothing has changed in the who/what search part.

6ftnGlassy6ftnGlassy

Hi Simon,

Never had this issue with 2.2.    It would add the email and attachments right on to the opportunity page.  When I used keywords for search for the opportunity, all the results that were returned contained the keywords and I could usually find the opp quickly, add the email and attachment with a click,  and be finished.

How do I go back to version 2.2?  Will I be left in the dust on future updates?  Everything I have is MAC and therefore reliant on Maildrop to make salesforce useful. 

Thanks

SuperfellSuperfell

You can download it from http://code.google.com/p/maildrop/downloads/list if you get the same search results on 2.2 now, then that implies there some server side problem with search, and not related to the change in maildrop.

elaine@click2protect.co.ukelaine@click2protect.co.uk

Hi

I am having the same problems. I'm trying to add an email but the contact doesn't appear in the Maildrop search box even though he is definitely in salesforce! So I am unable to add the email to his record?

6ftnGlassy wrote:

Hi guys,

As always, great app!  But I downloaded the update 2.4 this morning.  Then I tried to add an email.  Typically I type in some key words from the opportunity name and several choices appear.  Did that this morning and only one choice appears.  And it is the incorrect choice.  No matter what key words I use, only one and often, no opportunity is found.  

For the particular keywords I am using, there should be at least 4 opportunities returned.  What am I missing?

Thanks  -P

westnerwestner

I just reverted back to 2.2 and I'm getting all of my search results now.  

6ftnGlassy6ftnGlassy

Hi Simon,

OK.  Went back to 2.2.  Everything worked as before.  Search for the opportunity using keyword and all appeared.  Made the selection to add it and it was.  Went back thru to double check and both the email and attachment are now with the proper opportunity. 

Should I just continue with 2.2 until 2.4 gets up to speed?

Thanks  -P

elaine@click2protect.co.ukelaine@click2protect.co.uk

Hi

I need to revert back to the 2.2 version but the link offered downloads as a zip file - which I cannot open. Is there another way I can revert back to the previous maildrop version ?

Thanks 

Elaine

SuperfellSuperfell

Thanks for the update, i'll investigate further, sure, stay on 2.2 if that's working better for you.

SuperfellSuperfell

You should be able to just double click on the zip file to uncompress it, zip support is a standard feature in OSX.

jplevinejplevine

I am able to get 2.4 to work within Outlook 2011 for received emails.  If I go to a sent email, it doesn't bring up the person to whom the email was sent (unlike the fix you just did on the Apple Mail side where it recognizes if the email is in the sent folder, thereby bringing up the recipient, not the sender).  Is there a fix in the works for this as well?

Thanks.

SuperfellSuperfell

I've been unable to reproduce that problem so far, can you expand some more on how your email is setup with Outlook?

jplevinejplevine

I have an Exchange account through Outlook.  If I send an email, I then go back to my Sent folder so I can upload the message to Salesforce.  If I do that now in Mail (Maildrop 2.4), it recognizes that I want to file under the recipient, not the sender.  In Outlook, an email in the Sent folder still comes up as the sender (me) and not the recipient.

SuperfellSuperfell

Can you copy this script into the apple script editor and run it, while you have an email selected in entourage from your sent folder, and them post back with what it says, I've tried with with both POP3 & Exchange accounts, and am not seeing the problem yet.

tell application "Microsoft Entourage"

set selectedMessages to current messages

if selectedMessages is {} then

display dialog "Please select a message first and then run this script." with icon 1

return

end if

repeat with theMessage in selectedMessages

display dialog "time rec : " & time received of theMessage

end repeat

end tell

cardillicardilli

I agree with Westner - 2.4's "feature" of adding the attachments to the task only is a downgrade.  The way my sales team works all attachments need to be visible directly under the opportunity.  Switching back to 2.2 ASAP.

To the Maildrop team - thanks for all your hard work, hopefully we're not coming across as a bunch of ingrate users.  My team for one is grateful to the "community" for providing us which such a delightful tool.  Please consider this as constructive feedback from loyal fans.

jplevinejplevine

I had to change "Entourage" to "Outlook" in the first line.  After doing so, I get a pop-up window saying "time rec :" followed by the correct date and time the email was sent.

westnerwestner

Thanks for the 2.5 fix, Simon!

What's the word on being able to store attachments in opportunities rather than tasks?  Is that gone forever?  Back in 2.5?