function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
tomspousetomspouse 

Custom Objects in Maildrop

I am a very contented user of Maildrop, a super well written piece of technology that could easily be charged for!

We use a lot of custom objects, and regularly wish to attach emails to those objects.  You do cater for this, however, I find it necessary to copy the email address from the first email box, associated with 'Contacts' down to the box associated with 'Custom Objects'. 

I don't see any reason for not merging the two together,  in other words, just have one search box related to All objects, regardless of whether they are custom or not.

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
SuperfellSuperfell

The distinction is not related to standard vs custom, but related to the salesforce activity concepts that the task is related to someone (the who) and related to something (the what), but perhaps some ui button to copy the email address to the what seach could be added.

All Answers

SuperfellSuperfell

The distinction is not related to standard vs custom, but related to the salesforce activity concepts that the task is related to someone (the who) and related to something (the what), but perhaps some ui button to copy the email address to the what seach could be added.

This was selected as the best answer
tomspousetomspouse

Yes, this is very true.  Unfortunately for me, I have an object which is also a person.  I know that most developers use the Contacts table for all Human Objects.  I made a decision a long time ago to create one as a separate entity.  I like your solution.