function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
BerndBernd 

Maildrop not working anymore with Lion 10.7 and Mail 5.0

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
SuperfellSuperfell

Maildrop 2.9 works for me on the Lion GM Seed, with the exception of attachments, which is noted in the help, the attachments problem appears to be an apple bug, and there's a bug logged with them about it.

All Answers

SuperfellSuperfell

Maildrop 2.9 works for me on the Lion GM Seed, with the exception of attachments, which is noted in the help, the attachments problem appears to be an apple bug, and there's a bug logged with them about it.

This was selected as the best answer
BerndBernd

True, accidentally tried it out with an attachment mail. Nevertheless is there any chance to upload the email without the attachments?

DouglascunningDouglascunning

Keep getting Scritp error'

script /Applications/Maildrop.app/Contents/Resources/mail scripts/Create Case In Salesforce.com.scpterror {    NSAppleScriptErrorAppName = Mail;    NSAppleScriptErrorBriefMessage = "AppleEvent handler failed.";    NSAppleScriptErrorMessage = "Mail got an error: AppleEvent handler failed.";    NSAppleScriptErrorNumber = -10000;    NSAppleScriptErrorRange = NSRange: {2051, 20};}

Lion Dev 4

dcworthidcworthi

I'm getting an error stating to select only one message in an Apple Mail e-mail thread when indeed only one is selected.

jplevinejplevine

It seems to work ok if you choose an email that is not part of a Mail conversation (ie is a singular email).  If you choose an email message that is part of a Mail conversation (multiple replies back and forth), that is when the error message occurs. Hope that is helpful.

Mr. BMr. B

Maildrop not working with LION:

script /Applications/Maildrop.app/Contents/Resources/mail scripts/Add Email to Salesforce.com.scpterror {    NSAppleScriptErrorAppName = Mail;    NSAppleScriptErrorBriefMessage = "AppleEvent handler failed.";    NSAppleScriptErrorMessage = "Mail got an error: AppleEvent handler failed.";    NSAppleScriptErrorNumber = -10000;    NSAppleScriptErrorRange = NSRange: {2055, 20};

When is a solution coming?

Mr. BMr. B

Single or multipleemails I get the same:

script /Applications/Maildrop.app/Contents/Resources/mail scripts/Add Email to Salesforce.com.scpterror {    NSAppleScriptErrorAppName = Mail;    NSAppleScriptErrorBriefMessage = "AppleEvent handler failed.";    NSAppleScriptErrorMessage = "Mail got an error: AppleEvent handler failed.";    NSAppleScriptErrorNumber = -10000;    NSAppleScriptErrorRange = NSRange: {2055, 20};}

SuperfellSuperfell

As noted in this very thread, there are problems with attachments in Mail on 10.7, this is a bug in the applescript implement in Mail, there's nothing i can do about. Ask Apple when they're going to fix it.

SuperfellSuperfell

For convestaions, you have to expand the conversation and select an indivdual message.

jplevinejplevine

I tried to select an individual message from within a conversation and it would not work for me.  I could only get it to work if I chose an email that was not part of a conversation.  Can you please check on that?

SuperfellSuperfell

It worked fine for me last night on the released build of Lion with Maildrop 2.9. Can you post a grab of what your message list looks like when you get the error ?

Manuelh69Manuelh69

Hi, Looks like it works when chosing an email from the sent folder. But when using it to add an email in the inbox, I get the following error message:

script /Users/myusername/Downloads/Maildrop.app/Contents/Resources/mail scripts/Add Email to Salesforce.com.scpterror {    NSAppleScriptErrorAppName = Mail;    NSAppleScriptErrorBriefMessage = "AppleEvent handler failed.";    NSAppleScriptErrorMessage = "Mail got an error: AppleEvent handler failed.";    NSAppleScriptErrorNumber = -10000;    NSAppleScriptErrorRange = NSRange: {2055, 20};}

Thanks for your help.

Cheers,

SuperfellSuperfell

It will not work with emails with attachments. see the earlier posts about this.

dgerberdgerber

I am getting the same script error.

Simon is aware of it and is working with Apple to correct.

rocco79rocco79

does anyone know if it´s possible to dorngrad Mail to version 4.5?

I tried to just copy my old version to the application folder but this is not working :-(

Mr. BMr. B

Hi:

Any update on Maildrop working with Mail Lion?

Thanks!

SuperfellSuperfell

No update. You can "star" the issue on the issue tracker and get sent updates as they happen.

http://code.google.com/p/maildrop/issues/detail?id=71

torrenttorrent

Do we have any ETA on a fix?  This is a huge problem.  Thanks

SuperfellSuperfell

Still waiting on feedback from Apple, I have no ETA at present.

rocco79rocco79

Dear Simon,

I´m using your great program every day and it´s very disturbing atm to do it the manual way.

Would it be possible to deactivate the whole attachment thing as long as there is no bugfix from Apple?

thanks and keep up the good work

Renke

rocco79rocco79

Anything new?

I got the first Lion update two days ago, but unfortunately it´s still not working :-(