function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
JubelirerJubelirer 

SF3 error message - custom field - need help

Need help correcting the following issue:

INVALID_FIELD:  Title, Birthdate, FirstName, Description, LastName, Department                              ^ERROR at Row:1:Column:97No such column 'Description' on entity 'Contact'. If you are attempting to use a custom field, be sure to append the '__c' after the custom field name. Please reference your WSDL or the describe call for the appropriate names.

Thanks!

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
JubelirerJubelirer

Fixed!  Thanks so much!!!

All Answers

SuperfellSuperfell

Make sure the description field on Contact is api visible, if you have Prof edition or below, this means putting in on the page layout, if you have Enterprise Edition or above, that means the Field Level Security settings needs to be at least read.

JubelirerJubelirer

Simon, thanks for the quick reply.  I am like many people who are utterly dependent on SF3 to keep Mac and SFDC playing nicely.  I am running SFDC Group edition, on a MacBook Air running Liion.  Would you be willing to provide a little more info on how to change these settings?  I am on SFDC in Setup/AppSetup/Contacts and reviewing the various options there and not seeing the setting you reference.  Where do I change the setting?  Thanks SImon?

SuperfellSuperfell

Goto the detail page for any contact, near the top on the right there a link that says "Edit Layout" (this is just under the tab bar).

At the top of page there's a field picker that has all the fields listed, you should be able to find the description field and drag it down onto the sample layout below it. Click Save. Now try and sync again.

JubelirerJubelirer

Fixed!  Thanks so much!!!

This was selected as the best answer