function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
JubelirerJubelirer 

Maildrop Lion issue?

I am running Lion, Safari, and SFDC Group edition.  I have used Maildrop in the past successsfully. just had a new drive installed, backed up from Time Machine, then upgraded to Lion.  I am getting the following message:

script /Applications/Maildrop.app/Contents/Resources/mail scripts/Add Email to Salesforce.com.scpterror {    NSAppleScriptErrorAppName = Mail;    NSAppleScriptErrorBriefMessage = "AppleEvent handler failed.";    NSAppleScriptErrorMessage = "Mail got an error: AppleEvent handler failed.";    NSAppleScriptErrorNumber = -10000;    NSAppleScriptErrorRange = NSRange: {2055, 20};}

Can you advise on a solution for this?  Thanks.

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
JubelirerJubelirer

Sorry for not studying the boards in more depth.  I am launching a marketing campaign that involves SF3, Maildrop, SFDC, and Constant Contact and it is too much to keep up with all the tech and develop the marketing content.  I'll run Maildrop again in a few days and check in again.

is there anyway to automatically connect a Mac Mail account with SFDC so that emails get automatically logged, and not one at a time the way Maildrop does it?

All Answers

SuperfellSuperfell

Yes, as per the many posts on this, there's a bug in the applescript implementation in Loin's verison of mail. You can follow this issue for updates http://code.google.com/p/maildrop/issues/detail?id=71

JubelirerJubelirer

Sorry for not studying the boards in more depth.  I am launching a marketing campaign that involves SF3, Maildrop, SFDC, and Constant Contact and it is too much to keep up with all the tech and develop the marketing content.  I'll run Maildrop again in a few days and check in again.

is there anyway to automatically connect a Mac Mail account with SFDC so that emails get automatically logged, and not one at a time the way Maildrop does it?

This was selected as the best answer
JubelirerJubelirer

Unfortunately, the iHance solution is not available for the Group edition.  Thanks for the link to them and I've asked what their product roadmap is.  

Regards,

JIm

Bret21Bret21

Is there any way to get apple to correct this issue?  It is completely stopping my use of the product because so many of my emails have attachments.  Any suggestiong on how we can apply a bit more pressure to the Apple Mail folks?

Bret21Bret21

Have you looked at the email to SF feature?  You basically use an email address provided by SF and put that in the bcc field of your email.  When you send the email is automatically recorded to any contact or leads that SF can match in your email To: list.