function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
RobinRobin 

hunt the task bar

Is there an easy way to bring the maildrop taskbar to the front without closing down all other windows and applications ?

SuperfellSuperfell

If you turn on "auto hide/show button bar" in the maildrop preferences, maildrop will automatically come to the front when a mail application becomes the active app. And of course, like any OSX app, you can click the dock icon to bring it to the front as well.

RobinRobin

No that does not seem to make any difference.

At the moment with the autohide/bring to front off or on the task bar just wants to hide and move itself anywhere but be visible when its needed.

It does not come to the front when i click on the maildrop icon.

The only way to bring it to the front is minimise all open programmes leaving Entourage ( My mail client ) and then go the Spaces to see which segment its hiding in .

If i can find it then dragging ontop of the mai application seems to work.

I am not sure if thats what is supoosed to happen.

My OS is Snow Leppard and maildrop has been updated to the latest version

Robin

SuperfellSuperfell

With autohide off, the maildrop taskbar should behave just like any other window.

with it on, it should come to the front when your mail app comes to the front. (this is only useful if you keep both of them in the same space).

Here's a quick video showing me switch to outlook, and the maildrop bar re-appearing above it.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/6682148/Maildrop%20show%20and%20hide.mov

This is with snow leapard and maildrop 2.91

I'm not quite following your description of the issue, perhaps you could post a video of it.

RobinRobin

sorry i cannt see your video as i am getting a 404 error message when i click your link.

SuperfellSuperfell

Not sure whats going on with dropbox, Try this one instead http://www.pocketsoap.com/osx/maildrop/showAndHide.mov

RobinRobin

i think the problem is that the task bar is going away when it logs me out of maildop application .It reapaears when i log back into the system

do you know what triggers a log out of maildrop apart from when i actually activate a log out or computer shut down ?