function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Andreas SchaeferAndreas Schaefer 

best CSV editor for Mac OS X?

While Lexiloader almost replaces the need to boot up Windows for each DataLoader session, I haven't found a decent CSV editor for Mac.

Microsoft Excel is just such a bloated piece of junk on the Mac and almost all smaller tools (that I know of) fail to deliver.

What's your tool of choice to prepare data for Lexiloader?

(for now I stick with Parallels / WinXP / Excel2003 and/or Access 2003)

- Andreas

aegirthaegirth

Unfortunately no editor on OS X even comes close to the power of Notepad++, but I have been using Fraise.  It's free, works well for csv (useful to do text select when holding down the Option key, like you do in np++).

Some will swear by TextMate, but since that tool hasn't been updated in quite a while, I see no reason shelling out for it.

Alexis KasperaviciusAlexis Kasperavicius

Fraise has been abandoned by the developer as it would have required too much of a code rewrite going forward. You can still find it, but the website domain is up for sale.

The developer suggested Smultron as a great text editor on the Mac. It's $5.00 on the app store and more info can be had here:

http://www.peterborgapps.com/smultron/

I haven't tried it yet, but great reviews...

bobo

I use textmate; it remains awesome, and I would gladly pay for it again. I use Simon's salesforce bundle with it, and it means I rarely have to deal with the bloated eclipse-based IDE.