function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
IvarIvar 

Passing a Date-field along as a parameter with a CommandLink

Hi all.

I am running into a bit of a problem that I haven't been able to find a solution to and was hoping someone here might be able to nudge me in the right direction with it.

The thing is that I am running a small visualforce page with a custom controller. On that page I have a commandLink. What I would like to do is pass a salesforce-style DateTime field along with that link.

Can anyone give me a hint as to how this might be accomplished? 

bob_buzzardbob_buzzard

You should be able to achieve this via a nested apex param component on the command link.

Here's an example of mine (its an id not a datetime field,  but the docs don't say anything about restrictions on the type):

<apex:commandLink action="{!editConsumable}" reRender="addsection,ListView,pageMessages" value="Edit" status="status"> <apex:param name="editId" assignTo="{!selectedConsumableId}" value="{!consumable.id}"/> </apex:commandLink>

So in this case,

editConsumable is the method that will be invoked in the controller
consumable.id is the value that I wish to pass to the controller when the link is clicked
selectedConsumableId is the property that I wish to set the value into in the controller
When my editConsumable method is invoked, selectedConsumableId contains the value that I need.