function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
cmarz_1cmarz_1 

Rebuilt Standard Tab in visualforce

Has anyone rebuilt a standard tab in Visualforce? I am specifically looking for the Opportunities tab.

I want the tab to stay exactly the same with one small exception - I want to remove the "New" button.

I'm really not even sure where to start and thought if someone had already done this I could leverage their code.

Thanks!

Message Edited by cmarz_1 on 01-21-2010 11:46 AM
bob_buzzardbob_buzzard

This is not to help, unfortunately, but will maybe save you some effort trying to do one aspect of it: 

When we tried to do something similar, the bit that defeated us was the recent items.  There didn't seem to be a way to figure out items the user had recently accessed, as opposed to recently changed.  This is obviously captured somewhere, as the standard pages provide it, as does the sidebar.  It doesn't appear to be available to the rest of us though.

cmarz_1cmarz_1
Thanks bob - I could live without the Recently accessed items.  If you happened to build the page without this section I'd be interested in taking a look at your code.  Thanks in either case.
bob_buzzardbob_buzzard
Unfortunately we didn't take it any further.  Recently accessed items was the deal breaker for that piece of work.
sfdcfoxsfdcfox
You could rebuild the innards, and use "showHeader" to present the tabs and related list items. Screen scraping may work, but obviously not supported (nor recommended). There is no API for this, to be certain.
kvinkvin

I have come across this requirement of removing the new button from the opportunity tab. Did you achieve this. Can you please throw some bullets to meet this.