function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Ryan LambertRyan Lambert 

Trapdoor Wish List

Trapdoor is awesome but I do have some things that I wish I could control or fix.

1.) Duplicate URL.

I entered a URL into my list of servers as http://www.salesforce.com/login and then again as http://www.salesforce.com/login/

Trapdoor lists these as 2 distinct servers but if I delete one in order to correct it, Trapdoor deletes the other server in the list too.

I wish I could manually edit the list of servers and login details so that I could correct my typo.

2.) Sorting

I see that there is a "sort by alias" option but I don't see this working as expected.

If I had access to the list of servers ( see 1 above ) I would be happy to manually edit and order my servers.

Thanks !!

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
SuperfellSuperfell

1. Yes, it really shouldn't let you specify the path. You can fix this up in the stored preferences file if you're confortable editing plists, the file is in ~/Library/Preferences/com.pocketsoap.trapdoor.plist.

Also deleting a server shouldn't delete any credentials, so it should be safe to delete the duplicate entries then just add back the one you want. (backup first, this is based on my memory of code i haven't looked at in a long time).

2. Sort by alias only sorts within a single server, i think the ordering of the servers is just down to the order you add them. If these were sorted alpha would that be better?

All Answers

SuperfellSuperfell

1. Yes, it really shouldn't let you specify the path. You can fix this up in the stored preferences file if you're confortable editing plists, the file is in ~/Library/Preferences/com.pocketsoap.trapdoor.plist.

Also deleting a server shouldn't delete any credentials, so it should be safe to delete the duplicate entries then just add back the one you want. (backup first, this is based on my memory of code i haven't looked at in a long time).

2. Sort by alias only sorts within a single server, i think the ordering of the servers is just down to the order you add them. If these were sorted alpha would that be better?

This was selected as the best answer
Ryan LambertRyan Lambert

Awesomeness !!!

Thanks ! This was bugging me for a while and now I can make my trapdoor login list neat and pretty ;-)

Thanks again - you have given me back my sanity - well at least when logging in via trapdoor ;-)

unclecalunclecal

It is a great app...

iCould support for sharing saved info to more then one computer would be neat.

rollohusarollohusa
Hi Supperfell,

first of all I want to say, that I love your app. It makes my life much easier.

I would have a small suggestion for improvement. For me it is often the case that I often have to log into multiple Org and often the browser should change. Is it possible to get a little submenu after each entry in the dock menu to choose one of the available browsers. And by clicking on the parent Trapdoor chooses the stored browser.

Thanks.
Steve BerleySteve Berley
Trapdoor is fantastic - Thanks for building this as it's invaluable for people like myself who are consultants and log into lots of different orgs.  

Using it for a bit, there are three enhancements I'd love to see...

1.  A window/dashboard showing all of my orgs and allowing me to manage them from there as opposed to just using the menus.  Here's the very handy way that VirtualBox accomplishes a similar task.

User-added image

2.  Give the ability to launch the other great tools you build such as SoqlXplorer and LexiLoader from within Trapdoor for a selected org.  

3.  Allow users to choose the location of the credentials plist file so we can have it sync between our machines using dropbox, etc.

Again, thanks - Trapdoor rocks!