function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
ChristineVWChristineVW 

Externally Available?

I am unclear about whether Visualforce will allow an organization to make pages externally available (similar to the way Documents can be made externally available).  I see the examples of blog applications and employee / contact directories and especially for a blog wonder if it is possible to make these pages and entries visible somehow to non-users of salesforce.
JJBigThoughtsJJBigThoughts
SF made it clear during Dreamforce 07 that Pages would be available to the outside world. That being said, the details were unclear. I think the 'Platform Edition' (http://www.salesforce.com/platform/platform-edition/index.jsp) might be what you are looking for.
I suspect real clarity won't arrive until the Winter 08' release.
dchasmandchasman
If you are asking about support for unauthenticated user access (access to VF pages without a salesforce.com login) the concept is being discussed but no timeline information is available outside the company at this time. We are aware that there is significant interest in support for unauthenticated users - both inside salesforce and from our customers - but my team is currently laser focused on getting the current visualforce ready to GA so folks can use it in production for authenticated users first. More info on this will be provided as it becomes available.

Message Edited by dchasman on 10-24-2007 08:40 PM