function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
andy_diandy_di 

Custom case entry screen

Hi all,

We are starting to roll out sfdc cases but I need to include some dynamic information on the case entry screen so I am having to write a new visualforce page and apex class.

Basically, I need the customer service guys to find a customer (using a lookup), and then I need to populate a drop-down list with the contracts associated with that customer. Likewise, once a contract is selected I need to populate another drop-down list with the products associated with that contract (held in a custom object - Contract_Line__c).

I'm struggling to get this working and the clock is ticking! Any suggestion would be hugely appreciated.

Thanks,

Andy

bob_buzzardbob_buzzard

It sounds to me like you need to be using re-rendering in conjunction with actionsupport components reacting to onchange events.  When the value for the input field/select list changes, this will submit the form back to an action method that can reconfigure the backing objects for other components on the fly.

If you post the code/components that you are struggling with, we'll be able to give you some more targeted suggestions.