function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
RCJesseRCJesse 

Displaying a visual force page as a home page component

I know I can build a dashboard with my VF page and display the dashboard snapshot on the home tab but it is not scalable and my VF page is a list which grows.

So how can I display my VF page on the home tab as a component? Do I have to build an html component and use the iframe tag? I tried that just now and it basically worked but it shows a complete inline salesforce window. So its the Opportunities tab (the tabstyle of the VF page) within the home tab, both with all sets of tabs and links. How can i just display the page without the tabs and sidebar?

Rajesh ShahRajesh Shah
I don't think there is any other way possible apart from the html and iframe way.
RCJesseRCJesse
I can't imagine that anybody is actually using that though as it frames an entire SF window rather than just the core page.
JAW99JAW99
Yeah, the inability to put a VF page simply into the home is one of the few significant flaws in VF deployment that hinder its usability.
pedrosampaiopedrosampaio

Although is not a perfect solution but you can always add a VF page and remove both the header and the sidebar.

<apex:page controller="myController" showHeader="false" sidebar="false">
    <apex:pageBlock title="myTitle">
         <h1>hello world!</h1>       
    </apex:pageBlock>
</apex:page>