+ Start a Discussion
gireeshzgireeshz 

Previously working Visualforce page rendering as PDF - now getting 'Internal Server Error'

Hey there - this one goes out to the Salesforce devs that may be listening.  

 

We have a visualforce page that was written about a year ago which is basically a custom report exporting as PDF.   Suddenly, without any changes in page code, the page stopped working and is giving the dreaded 'internal server error' message withthe following code:

Error ID: 1183247688-671 (1462077656)

 

All the debug logs say that the page call succeeded and there is no indication of any error.  This has been submitted to support as #02660758. 

 

What can we do to try and understand what is actually causing this error??  Is there any way to get more information on the error detail?

 

Many Thanks! 

mtbclimbermtbclimber

That type of error means the issue is on the salesforce side and while there may be a way to workaround the issue it's something we need to address. 

 

I checked into your case and it looks like you changed the page today. If you've found a workaround and have fixed your page, please create a copy of the page in your account that demonstrates the issue as you had seen it and update your case with that information.

 

Please refer to your case for updates to this issue.

 

Thanks,

gireeshzgireeshz

hey there Andrew, thanks for the response.  

 

the only thing that i changed today was the render type from pdf to html to see if the error was in the pdf render.  no dice.   the error happens in either case, and the page is still throwing the error now.  

 

Please let me know what else I can provide to help you/SF with resolution of this issue.

 

Thanks much,

 

Gireesh