function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
S_LieS_Lie 

Home page -> VF Page ?

Hi,

Is it possible to replace the home screen with visualforce page ?

so when the very first time after we login, it will go to vf page directly.

Thanks,

Ispita_NavatarIspita_Navatar

One way of doing it is creating a VF Page say "StartUp page" and assign it to a visualforce tab say "Startup".

Now go to "Apps" list and say you have a custom app say "Recruiting" click on it and you will land on it's detail page , there click "Edit" button where you have an option of selecting the "Dafault Landing Tab" in that list select "Startup".

Please be careful about the visibility of the "StartUp" tab to the requisite profiles.

Did this answer your question? If not, let me know what didn't work, or if so, please mark it solved.

S_LieS_Lie

Hi,

Thanks for your reply,

but my question is to change Home page to VF page, so after log in we still see the Home tab but inside, there will be my visualforce page instead of default home page.

Ispita_NavatarIspita_Navatar

That is what I have told in my answer , please follow the steps I one by one.

If you specifically want to change the "Home Page" you can create "Custom Component"  which can house VF code, and that you can select as the home page layout.

sforce2009sforce2009

You can do it directly like this

Goto setup->AppSetup->Customize->Home->HomePageComponents.

Add a HTML Component there. this HTML Comp will contain your VF page in an Iframe.

ex:

<br><iframe src="/apex/yourVFPage?core.apexpages.devmode.url=1" width="100%" frameborder="0" height="600px"></iframe><br>

Then comeback to the HomePageLayouts and hide the rest, just show the Custom Component you have created. Thats all

Cheers