function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
mtbclimbermtbclimber 

What would you expect to be able to do with the edit mode of apex:detail?

The #2 All Time Apex/VF idea on the idea exchange is something we're evaluating currently (#1 is scheduled for delivery this summer).

There are some descriptions of what people want to do there but I'd like to get more detailed input from the community.   What level of integration would you expect with the surrounding Visualforce page/controller?

Please read through the comments and add any use cases description and answer to the above question there. And if you haven't voted already, please do ;-)

Thanks,

paul-lmipaul-lmi

should allow us to opt for full edit (all outputFields become inputFields), and also allow for us to do the doubleclick to edit a single field.  essentially, give us what you already support in the native application :)

sforce2009sforce2009

With the above, it should reflect according to the PageLayout and we should be able to use it in the controller class (Customizable)

paul-lmipaul-lmi

ah, that's a great one.  adding on to that concept, if you let it inherit page layout, let us also override that.  so, two birds, one stone.  there's another idea out there regarding conditional page layouts.  we could totally implement something like that if we could control page layout via the controller.

TehNrdTehNrd

This might be a long shot but I'd like to add custom styles. Sure I could add style markup to the page which would override the standard styles but this isn't exactly supported. I'd also like to removed the title bar.

The reason for all this is that I'd like to place these edit pages on public force.com sites and have the style match the rest of the site. This would make it very easy for a non dev to edit the layout of a public page as they could simply edit the page layout with the standard layout editor.