function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
NathanSpNathanSp 

Need help with Customer Portal login page (and Google calendar)

I have a couple of requests that I need help with:

1.  I am creating two customer portals and I'd like to embed the login into my website (username, password, forgot password).  I've heard you can do that through sites, but how would that interact with the rest of my website (I don't want to rebuild the entire website in Sites at this point).  Is there another way to accomplish it?

2.  As I said, I have two portals, but I'd like to have one login page.  What I would like is for the system to automatically direct users to the correct portal depending on which profile they are assigned. 

3.  Something other than login issues: I need to include a calendar in both portals and since Salesforce Public Calendars aren't available in customer portal I thought I'd use a Google calendar.  The only problem is authentication.  I definitely don't want my customer portal users to see "please login to Google" page.  Ideas? 

Please contact me if you have suggestions or if you think your company can help us build this.  We are a nonprofit so pricing is definitely a concern.  Oh, and we are hoping to have this up and running by June 1st.  Thanks!

Nathan

ahab1372ahab1372

1. Tto embed the login, you can either

• copy the html code for the form from the portal login page into one page on our company website. No need to build everything on force.com sites
  • or, include an IFRAME on your page that includes the login page

2. here it's getting tricky, I think you have to create your on VF page which queries the username and then assigns it to the correct portal. It would be easier if you offered both logins separately on your website.

3. sorry I don't have any experience with that