function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
arishi0arishi0 

Override Home page

I want to create my own home page and add my company logo instead of the Salesforce logo. For this I wanted to know what would be the steps. I woudl guess that shoudl be done with a visualforce page, but I dont know how to do it and how do I get the new visualforce page to have the same components as the standard home page.

Please help!!

anjaliguptaanjaligupta

Hi,

While there is no way to remove the Salesforce CRM Powered by Logo, you can create an S-Control/ VF page
that will show an image if the current view is a printable view screen,
but will hide it from your record details.
Note that this only seems to work on Internet Explorer. Using below steps you can then print everything, including the custom logo, without the Salesforce CRM logo.

Follow these steps:

For Internet Explorer:

1. Within salesforce.com, locate the record that you wish to print.

2. Click on the printable view button located on the record page. This will open another browser window containing the information that you would like to print.

3. In the new browser window , select the information you would like to print by left clicking your mouse and dragging it over the selection.

4. In the browser window go to File | Page Setup.

5. In the header and footer section of the page setup browser window, clear the field contents (leave them blank).

6. Click "OK".

7. In the same browser window go to File | Print.

8. In the print window, click on "selection" in the page range section.

9. Click "Print".

For Mozilla Firefox:

1. Follow steps 1-4 (as listed above for Internet Explorer).

2. In the page setup window, click on margins & header / footer and select blank for all of the options listed.

3. Click "OK".

4. In the same browser window go to File | Print.

5. In the print window click on "Selection" in the page range section.

6. Click on "Print".

Regards,

BeeddiskShahBeeddiskShah
Huh!!!