function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
ESTEST 

Is there a way in a VF page to remove the checkboxes from an Enhanced List?

Hello,

I've created a custom view and, using a technique explained elsewhere on the forum, which involves a VF page, have set this custom view to be the default view on which the user lands when selecting a particular tab.

That custom view is an Enhanced List, which is awesome.  That's what I want.  But how do I remove the checkboxes from the leftmost column?  I want all of the features of the Enhanced List except multi-select.

Thank you. 

ShikibuShikibu
remove them with javascript?
ESTEST
How would I go about doing that?
ShikibuShikibu

sorry, est, but if you're not familiar enough with javascript to do this on your own, we are not likely to be successful trying to write the code in this forum.

But here's a simpler idea. Do you know how to use firebug? (Google it). Using firebug, figure out how to write a css selector that will identify the checkboxes. Then set the css to display: none.

ESTEST

Shikibu,

Thank you for your reply.

I will take a look at writing a CSS selector against the checkboxes.  As for Javascript, it's been a while.  I like the idea of the CSS selector better anyways.

Again, thank you. 

ESTEST

Shikibu,

It just occurred to me.  I bet the checkboxes are tied to the button "Change Owner," which probably supports multi-select.  If the user doesn't have the permissions to change owners (which would be the case in this case), the button shouldn't appear.  Once the button disappears, so should the checkboxes.

Since we have only one user right now (we'll purchase all of the other seats once our first custom app approaches deployment), I can't test the page with a more restricted user.

Am I on the right track?

Thank you. 

ShikibuShikibu
Yes, this may work. 

Get yourself a developer instance. They are free, and have more than one user.