function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
m_roarkm_roark 

Insufficient privileges error on embedded VisualForce page after Spring '10 upgrade

I have a problem with an embedded VisualForce page that has only started occurring since the Spring '10 upgrade.

Here is the page.

<apex:page standardController="Account"> <apex:iframe src="http://<<<URL OBSCURED>>>>/Default.aspx?docs=false&id={!Account.Id}&sid={!$Api.Session_ID}&url={!$Api.Enterprise_Server_URL_140}" rendered="{!ISBLANK(Account.Sharepoint_URL__c)}"/> <apex:iframe src="{!Account.Sharepoint_URL__c}" rendered="{!NOT(ISBLANK(Account.Sharepoint_URL__c))}"/> </apex:page>

The 'Account.Sharepoint_URL__c' is a text field with a URL to a Sharepoint site.  If this value is not populated, I direct users to an ASPX page which will generate a Sharepoint site based on a template and will populate the 'Sharepoint URL' field for the appropriate Account record.  The users are then redirected to the Sharepoint site. 

This VisualForce page was working without issue last week for all  users.  Now, whenever a user who is not a part of our 'System Administrator' profile accesses this page, they get an 'Insufficient Privileges' error. The users using this page have the 'View Setup and Configuration' permission.

I have verified that all profiles are granted access to the VisualForce page in the 'Security' for the page.  I have tried removing access, and re-granting it.  I have verified that  both the Sharepoint site and the ASPX page are accessible for this user outside of the frame.  I have verified that the field 'Account.Sharepoint_URL__c' is accessible to the user's profile.

As near as I can tell, this should work without issue.  In fact, when I or any other SalesForce System Administrator try to access this page, it does work without issue.

What has changed, or what permissions am I not checking which would cause this error?

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
d3developerd3developer

I just got and solved this error by changing the api version of the embedded page from 18 to 19

All Answers

m_roarkm_roark
Please disregard this request.  My user reports that this issue has stopped occurring overnight.
d3developerd3developer

I just got and solved this error by changing the api version of the embedded page from 18 to 19

This was selected as the best answer