function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
TehNrdTehNrd 

Visualforce error Apex class 'thisController' does not exist, but it does

I have been running into this issue a lot lately. I will create a page in the web editor and define a controller in the <apex: page> tag. It will prompt me to create a class and I do. When I then start to edit my page and save I get the following error. Sometimes this is after the first time I try to save or it may be after a few saves.

But this controller already exists and I can confirm this by looking in Setup > Develop > Classes. If I then clikc the Create Apex class 'thisController' I get this error:

This whole issue is a little difficult to replicate as it seems a little random but it is definetly there. It does not happen on my older pages/controllers, just new ones I am trying to create. It happens in both IE6 and FF. This is starting to drive me crazy so any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

EDIT: I have also opened a case to log this issue, 01718079. Attached to the case is a video of the error.

Message Edited by TehNrd on 02-28-2008 09:05 PM
Vivek ManchandaVivek Manchanda
Try to check the Controller name again or do one thing copy the controller name from your page Editor

and change the controller name . bcoz i have tried it  and it works properly .

Vivek Manchanda
mtbclimbermtbclimber
We are investigating this issue currently.

In the mean time you can remove the reference from the page, save (without the dependency) - add it back and save again.

Thanks for reporting it. Apologies for the inconvenience.
TehNrdTehNrd
Thanks for the workaround Andrew. This should allow me to get playing with VF again.

Also fyi, I am getting alot of Internal Server Errors when saving pages. This is seperate from prompting me to create a new class but just it goes straight to the error screen.

Here are just a few:
Error ID: 2040235285-369
Error ID: 1065386155-379
Error ID: 1112695381-372
Error ID: 1938359128-539