function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
SteveBowerSteveBower 

Note about: core.apexpages.el.adapters.metadata.SObjectMetadataELAdapter

This is a knowledge repository sort of posting.  No help is needed.  I put it here because it would have been nice to find it when I was trying to figure out what was happening.

If you're coding Apex in Eclipse and you make a change to an Object via the Salesforce UI and you forget to refresh the Object in your Eclipse workspace, you may get a message with this obscure reference to a MetadataELAdapter which I presume has something with Metadata elements.

In my case I was passing an instance of the object to a constructor of another class.  There may be other circumstances which give rise to this message, but that's what I was trying to do and I couldn't understand why it was failing.  Note, that it compiled fine, and the VF page started up fine, etc.  I ran into this in the Controller constructor where I was pre-loading data.

So, just refreshing the Object in Eclipse clears it all up.  Unclear to me why the state of the Eclipse object should effect code that's being uploaded and then compiled on the server, but...

Either way, I hope this saves someone some time.  Steve.

SFDC-NOOBSFDC-NOOB

Steve,

Thank you for posting this.  This is literally the only post out there for this error.  I am receiving an error very similar nature and I cannot figure out why.  Here is my error:::

Value 'Email' cannot be converted from Text to core.apexpages.el.adapters.metadata.VFSObjectELAdapter

Do you have any thoughts on what I might be doing wrong?  I look forward to your reply.  Thank you in advance.

Note:  I am using a controller extension (for the first time) instead of a custom controller.  I imagine it could be something to do with that.
SFDC-NOOBSFDC-NOOB

Please disregard my inquiry.  I misplaced a bracket when converting my custom controller to an extension!

fgwarb_devfgwarb_dev
I'm deaing with a similar error...
"Value 'asdf1' cannot be converted from Text to core.apexpages.el.adapters.metadata.VFSObjectELAdapter"
Strangely though, the value "asdf1" is typed into an <apex:inputTextArea /> field which is bound to a value="{!case.subject}" (pageRefreshes are involved).
fgwarb_devfgwarb_dev
FYI, the issue in my case was that the sObject wasn't instantiated.  "{!case.subject}" in the actual code was "{!theCase.Subject}" (public case theCase {get;set;})
kitsunebravekitsunebrave
Hi,

Anyone know the fact resolution for metadata adapter issue. I need to figure out how to avoid this issue in my sandbox. Basically, I am using a actionFunction calling specific WrapperClass to collect selected Product but I am hitting this exception from Visuaforce page "Return type of an Apex action method must be a PageReference. Found: core.apexpages.el.adapters.ApexListELAdapter"

Please, anyone can help. Thanks in advance.