function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
IC-TannerIC-Tanner 

ideas:listOutputLink component 'sort' attribute logic

Hi, I would like to create an <apex:dataTable> based on the logic of the 'sort="popular"' attribute of the 'ideas:listOutputLink' component. Because the code behind this component is not exposed, I'm unable to determine the query logic utilized for this attribute. I also have been able to determine the logic from reviewing the 'ideas' listed for the ''sort="popular"' attribute via testing. Does anyone know the query logic utilized for the 'sort' attibute and corresponding 'popular' value so that I can replicate it?

Thanks!

IC-TannerIC-Tanner

Just found this in the 'salesforce_ideas_cheatsheet.pdf'

Popular Ideas

On the Popular Ideas subtab, ideas are sorted by an internal calculation that reflects the age of an idea's positive votes. Regardless of an idea's static total number of points, ideas with newer positive votes display higher on the page than ideas with older positive votes. This allows you to browse ideas that have most recently gained popularity, with less precedence given to long-established ideas that were positively voted on in the past. For more information, see the terms Point and Half-life.

Salesforce, can you provide this internal calculation so I mimick it as is possible for the 'recent ideas' section on the homepage of the 'Salesforce Ideas' package?

Thanks.

Scott.MScott.M

I would like to know what this internal calculation value is too! I was hopeing it would be stored as a field on the Idea sObject but unless it's one of VoteScore, or VoteTotal then I fear that it isn't available to use.

It is VoteScore! If you order by VoteScore it's the same as the Popular list. Awesome!