function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
KO_S2OKO_S2O 

Should I convert the S-Controls to VF?

I'm starting a new project for a client and I am inheriting a custom application that needs some TLC.  My client recently acquired this application through an a acquisition of a company.  I believe the app was developed several years ago and all of the UI was done with S-Controls.  We know very little about this application, and the plan is to break it down, document it, make necessary customizations, then roll it out into production.

We have several months before we need to roll this out in beta.  Would it be worth the extra effort to re-do all of the UI in visualforce pages?  I know that existing S-Controls are safe and won't be deleted, but I wonder if it makes sense to re-build everything into visualforce pages to take advantage of the performance boost, plus maintainability.

Keep in mind that re-building the UI will cost our client significantly more in development hours.

Any advice is appreciated.

gv007gv007

To run the application in long rage ,try stating moving one by one s-control into VF page,that will help full use of server side.It will improve lot of speed and yours client data security' of advantages is there moving control into VF .But in need spend lot time understating the application and redesign the application according to MVC.

I would suggest ,it is a long run application changing the technology is better.That our comfort we changing things.othesie yours client will feel uncomfortable ,but they need spend some money and time to get comfort.

:smileyhappy: