function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
ssssssss 

LInking visualforce pg to stndard tab

Hi Everyone,

Iam facing a small problem when iam trying to link my visualforce page to the standard tab.......When i go to objects edit mode and  under Context-Sensitive Help Setting: If i select Open a window using a Visualforce page...

Then in the list of visualforce pages available, I cant find my visualforce pages which i have created recently..it is listing up only the pgs which i have created long ago..but not the pgs which i created now...I dont know wats wrong i even deleted some pgs thinking that whether  pg limit exceeded but still i couldnt find the pgs in the list ,So iam unable to link the pages to standard tab now...

So wat would be the  Issue and howcan i get out of this issue................PLz help me .......

Thanks & Regards,

Anu........
Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
BeeddiskShahBeeddiskShah

Hi Anu, Simple.

You have used controller for your Visualforce page. Change that to extension and use the StandardController of the object you wish to add the tab for.

Then go to the place and add the VF page.

Hope it helps.

All Answers

XactiumBenXactiumBen

I'm not quite sure whether you are wanting your visualforce page show up when you click on one of your tabs (according to your subject) or if you are wanting your visualforce page to act as a help screen (according to your message) so I'll just point out both ways:

1. Adding a visualforce page as a help screen:  My help screens don't rely on any custom code I just use static html.  I assume if your page has a standard controller on there it won't show up in this list.  Try removing your controllers (standard and custom) and see if it shows up.

2.  Overriding tab home to a visualforce page:  In a custom object setup page find 'Standard Buttons and Links' section (or 'Buttons and Links' for the standard objects) then click on override for the Tab button.  Find your page and save.

Hope this helps.

ssssssss

Hi,

Thanks for ur suppot.I have done as if u suggested but when iam tring to select my required visualforce page from the dropdownlist of visualforce pages my page is not available in that list so iam not able to connect to my page ...I dont know why iam not able to find the visualforce page in the list of available pages...

SO plz help me to rectify this problem how can mypage can be available in that list so that i canselect it.......

Marco_kMarco_k

if you want to replace the Context-Sensitive Help Setting by using a visualforce page for the content Name only visualforce page without any controller are presented in this picklist.

As suggested before remove the controller from your page and it will be available.I guess you may have to remove also any component using a controller.

May be troubleshoot first: create another visualforce page without modifying it to ensure it's available

BeeddiskShahBeeddiskShah

Hi Anu, Simple.

You have used controller for your Visualforce page. Change that to extension and use the StandardController of the object you wish to add the tab for.

Then go to the place and add the VF page.

Hope it helps.

This was selected as the best answer