function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
JimRaeJimRae 

Error with Custom URL to redirect to new Contact Page (using con4_lkid field)

I have a VF and apex solution that generates a new url and redirects the user to a new create contact page via a button.  In addition, it prepopulates several of the values from the calling record.  When I try to pass the Account id via the con4_lkid field, I get an error that states:

Data Not Available The data you were trying to access could not be found. It may be due to another user deleting the data or a system error. If you know the data is not deleted but cannot access it, please look at our support page.

Click here to return to the previous page. 

if I remove the reference to the con4_lkid (which is a lookup to the Account master for the contact) then the page displays properly, but the lookup field is not prepopulated.  

Anyone else run into this, and if so, how did you fix it?

TIA

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
ThomasTTThomasTT

Well, I just found the same error on Case.

Isn't the record ID 18 digit? Try to change it to 15 digit (remove the last 3 digit). Mine worked with 15 digit.

I never had that before. Has something changed?

ThomasTT

All Answers

ThomasTTThomasTT

Well, I just found the same error on Case.

Isn't the record ID 18 digit? Try to change it to 15 digit (remove the last 3 digit). Mine worked with 15 digit.

I never had that before. Has something changed?

ThomasTT

This was selected as the best answer
JimRaeJimRae
That worked for me. Thanks so much for your help.  Not sure why they changed the way that works, I would assume a lot of scontrols broke with that change.