function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Erich.WeihrauchErich.Weihrauch 

Confused about the deployment processes of VisualForce Pages

Hello everyone.

I am a Salesforce Professional user and have some questions about the actual method for deploying VisualForce pages..

mainly..how!?

I've been reading through the development guide for the VisualForce pages and have some basic things to test out, but can only actually see the page when logged into my account.

What I am trying to do, is deploy this page to the customer self service portal.

I've searched the boards and have tried a few things, like trying to create a tab for the portal but don't seem to have the option of creating tabs for VisualForce pages or the customer service portal....

So what is going on with Salesforce Pro?  Am I limited to using these pages from an internal account only?

mtbclimbermtbclimber
Is this the portal managed from Setup > Customize > Self-Service or Setup > Customize > Customer Portal ?

Self service portal

mtbclimbermtbclimber
You can't expose Visualforce pages in self-service portal. 
Does that mean that if we upgraded the account to the next level, which is what, Enterprise, which includes the Customer Portal feature vs Self Service, then we could?
mtbclimbermtbclimber
In Customer Portal, yes, you can expose Visualforce pages. You should touch base with your account executive as to how you might get access to that feature through an upgrade or otherwise.
Danke!