function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
anukarthi_nimmalaanukarthi_nimmala 

Integrate richtext editor in to visualforce pages

Hi everyone,

My requirement is to integrate a rich text editor in to visualforce page .So I want an editor which has rich features like upload image in to salesforce.But iam not able to do this using Rich text editor .So Please tell me how to integrate any rich text editor in to visualforce page where i can upload images to the rich text editor.

Thanks and regards,

Anu..

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
ellospiderellospider

The default Rich Text Editor built into Salesforce has very minimal features. You can create a custom  component with any of the widely known rich text editors like FCK and use it.

All Answers

_Prasu__Prasu_

Did you tried following 

<apex:inputTextArea id="ProDetail"  value="{!Mapping.Description__c}" richText="true"/>
anukarthi_nimmalaanukarthi_nimmala

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.Thats a great Idea! of doing it but in my requirement i need a editor where i can upload images to editor but if i use the  editor by using attribute rich text =true i may not be able to upload images.So i need to integrate an editor where i can upload images to editor.So please tell me how could i reach my target.

Thanks and regards,

Anu...

ellospiderellospider

The default Rich Text Editor built into Salesforce has very minimal features. You can create a custom  component with any of the widely known rich text editors like FCK and use it.

This was selected as the best answer
Martin_DeloitteMartin_Deloitte

Hi Ellospider,

Do you have any example of such an implementation, especially with a "browse for picture" functionality (being able to load picture as an Attachment/Static resource)?

I'm tinking of the default Idea body rich text field that has this functionality enabled, while it isn't available with the Visualforce rich text component (<apex:inputTextArea richText="true"/>).

Thanks,

Martin.

_Prasu__Prasu_

Hello Martin,

Checkout following link:

http://developer.force.com/codeshare/apex/ProjectPage?id=a0630000004snm3AAA

I hope this will help!

Thanks,