function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Apex Code DevelopmentApex Code Development 

Problem on Hover

How to pass values to the show method on MRUHover.getHover({!cc1.Id}.show()...So,that when i move a mouse on to the item it should display some text  on Hover.

<div class="" onblur="MRUHoverDetail.getHover('{!cc1.Id}').hide();"
                                       onfocus="MRUHoverDetail.getHover('{!cc1.Id}').show();"
                                       onmouseout="MRUHoverDetail.getHover('{!cc1.Id}').hide();"
                                       onmouseover="MRUHoverDetail.getHover('{!cc1.Id}').show();">

Anand@SAASAnand@SAAS

If MRUHoverDetail is a standard Javascript function that you pulled from the standard pages, you might run into cross-domain javascript issues.

Visual force is served from a different domain than the standard page domain for security reasons. 

it is not reccomended that you use javascript functions like these as the signature/function name is subject to change.

I would look into using javascript libraries like JQuery etc. that provide useful libraries that can do "hover" like functionality and implement that on top of visual force.

Apex Code DevelopmentApex Code Development

Thanks a lot for your kind attention towards my problem.

Regards,

Jagadeesh K.

Pradeep_NavatarPradeep_Navatar

You can use jquery to achive this.

Refer the tutorial available at  http://www.sohtanaka.com/web-design/css-on-hover-image-captions/

Hope this helps.

cto9dxecto9dxe

@Apex Code Development,

I am also looking to basically re-create this functionality.

Were you able to achieve the hover either through salesforce or did you find a jQuery solution?

Chamil MadusankaChamil Madusanka

Hi,

Try this example

http://salesforceworld.blogspot.com/2011/08/displaying-pop-up-summaries-on-hover-in.html

chamil's blog

If a reply to a post answers your question or resolves your problem, please mark it as the solution to the post so that others may benefit.

BijaySBijayS
Hi chamil,

I am facing a similar kind of requirement where i have to Display a list of Records let say Opportunities related to Account when i hover on the Event Object Related to field related to Account.

Assume Event detail page is overridden with the VF where some fields including "Related To" field is included ,so i mean if Event is related to Account,when i hover on the the related to hyperlink instead of Account Details i should get the list of Opportunities associated with that account and when i mouseout it should go off.

Could you please guide me on this.

Thanks...:)