function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
PerGeert-tooPerGeert-too 

vcalendar response

I have a VF page sending a meeting request:

<messaging:emailTemplate subject="Consumables Test Event" recipientType="Contact" relatedToType="JobContact__c"> <messaging:plainTextEmailBody > Dear {!recipient.Name}, Please attend the consumables test "{!relatedTo.CustomerEvent__r.Name}" for "{!relatedTo.CustomerEvent__r.Customer__r.Name}". Please answer by responding to this initation. </messaging:plainTextEmailBody> <messaging:attachment filename="meeting.ics" renderAs="text/calendar; charset=UTF-8; method=REQUEST"> BEGIN:VCALENDAR METHOD:REQUEST BEGIN:VEVENT UID:{!relatedTo.Id} <apex:outputText value="{0,date,yyyyMMdd'T'HHmmss'Z'}"> DTSTAMP:<apex:param value="{!NOW()}" /> </apex:outputText> <apex:outputText value="{0,date,yyyyMMdd'T'HHmmss'Z'}"> DTSTART:<apex:param value="{!relatedTo.CustomerEvent__r.EventStart__c}" /> </apex:outputText> <apex:outputText value="{0,date,yyyyMMdd'T'HHmmss'Z'}"> DTEND:<apex:param value="{!relatedTo.CustomerEvent__r.EventEnd__c}" /> </apex:outputText> SUMMARY:Consumables Test at {!relatedTo.CustomerEvent__r.Venue__r.Name} ATTENDEE;ROLE=REQ-PARTICIPANT;PARTSTAT=NEEDS-ACTION;RSVP=TRUE; CN="{!recipient.name}":MAILTO:{!recipient.email} ORGANIZER;CN="Consumables Test":MAILTO:ourservice@5pxvocu476wr7aep8oclraf47.in.sandbox.salesforce.com LOCATION:{!relatedTo.CustomerEvent__r.Venue__r.Name}, {!relatedTo.CustomerEvent__r.Venue__r.PrimaryStreet__c},{!relatedTo.CustomerEvent__r.Venue__r.PrimaryCityDistrict__c},{!relatedTo.CustomerEvent__r.Venue__r.PrimaryCity__c} SEQUENCE:0 PRIORITY:5 END:VEVENT END:VCALENDAR </messaging:attachment> </messaging:emailTemplate>

I works great - the recipient sees a meeting request an may clickAaccept or Decline in Outlook. There is an email service setup to catch the reply: ourservice@5pxvocu476wr7aep8oclraf47.in.sandbox.salesforce.com

Question is, I cannot figure out how to catch the UID in the answer in order to update the attendee in question. I've looked at email header, attachement etc. but no luck. I am pretty sure that somewhere I'll be able to retrieve the original UID is the response.

lniet001lniet001

Hi,

Did you have any issues with outlook crashing when people try to accept?

Right now, I'm using what you posted and an email is sent with an invite attached to it, but outlook says 'not supported calendar message.ics.'

If I click on accept or decline, outlook crashes everytime.