function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
CloudboxCloudbox 

iframe google calendar component not working correctly in VF edit page

Hello,

I have generated iframe code from a google calendar - that displays multiple calendars. When you create the google iframe code with multiple calendars shown in the one calendar, it modifies the iframe code accordingly.

If I were to take this (multi-calendar) iframe code and put it in a home page component as a "HTML component" it works and displays all the calendars with all the niffty calendar selctions from google.

I have created a custom Object edit page, that overrides the New and Edit button and I am trying to display this google calendar iframe on the page.

It's like it is not allowing the multi-calendar elements of the iframe code for some reason?

I have the iframe code sitting in the new VF page like so

<apex:pageBlockSection title="Calendar" columns="1"> <apex:pageBlockSectionItem > <iframe src=longurl /></iframe> </apex:pageBlockSectionItem> </apex:pageBlockSection>

I've tried using the <apex:iframe> component and still always the same result, (same in different browsers. tried clearing cache cookies and that kind of troubleshooing as well.)

Result = The calendar shows up but does not display any of the mulit-calendar features from the google iframe code (any entires or calendar selection dropdown) .

I would like the Visualforce to treat that iframe code the same way the homepage component treats it... (just as if it would on a html page) I do not know how to achieve this. Can anyone help?

What is the core difference between the built in 'homepage component' (for a HTML section) and trying to create that in a new visualforce page?

is there an apex component I am missing <apex:missing> perhaps?  :P

NathanSpNathanSp

I have the same issue.  Has anyone come up with a way to show multiple google calendars on either a custom web tab or a visualforce page? 

NathanSpNathanSp

Found an answer to my own question.  http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/pages/Content/pages_compref_iframe.htm

I used the Apex iframe tag and it worked fine. 

Sodimex LunderSodimex Lunder

I have also tried to create a VF tab with google calendars in iframe. But i get the same problem as you. Blank calendar although the home page component works like it should. @Nathan: How did you manage to fix the problem? Can you paste a code sample or can anyone verify this?

thx, we really need a seperate tab for this because the calendar has sensitive information.