function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
melfmelf 

Replace Organization info with User info on pdf quote

Hello,

I am using the Salesforce simple quote app to create sales quotes.  I am trying to display the user info (Name, Phone, Email etc) instead of the Organization info that currently displays.  I believe I need to update the code snippet shown, but I am not sure how.  I tried simply replacing "organization" with "User" but that did not work. 

Thanks for any help,

Kevin

<apex:panelGrid columns="1" styleClass="companyTable" width="100%"> <apex:outputText value="{!$Organization.Name}" styleClass="companyName"/> <apex:outputText value="{!$Organization.Street}"/> <apex:outputText value="{!$Organization.City}, {!$Organization.State} {!$Organization.PostalCode}"/> <apex:outputText value="{!$Organization.Phone}"/>

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
ReidCReidC

This compiles and should produce what you need:

<apex:outputText value="{!$User.FirstName} {!$User.LastName}" styleClass="companyName"/> <apex:outputText value="{!$Organization.Name}" styleClass="companyName"/> <apex:outputText value="{!$Organization.Street}"/> <apex:outputText value="{!$Organization.City}, {!$Organization.State} {!$Organization.PostalCode}"/> <apex:outputText value="{!$Organization.Phone}"/>

I verified that this modifies the output.  Hope that helps.

All Answers

ReidCReidC

Did you try using the "$User" global variable?

Is this for the Force.com Labs application Simple Quote 1.0?

melfmelf

Reid,

I have not tried that, I will look into it. 

FYI, I am using Force.com labs Quote Line Items Version: 0.95 / 8.1

Thanks,

Kevin

melfmelf

Actually, I did try to add $User.name and $User.fullname and received an error stating field does not exist. I was wondering if I had to change the styleClass="companyTable" or styleClass="companyName" to something else.

ReidCReidC

This compiles and should produce what you need:

<apex:outputText value="{!$User.FirstName} {!$User.LastName}" styleClass="companyName"/> <apex:outputText value="{!$Organization.Name}" styleClass="companyName"/> <apex:outputText value="{!$Organization.Street}"/> <apex:outputText value="{!$Organization.City}, {!$Organization.State} {!$Organization.PostalCode}"/> <apex:outputText value="{!$Organization.Phone}"/>

I verified that this modifies the output.  Hope that helps.

This was selected as the best answer
JKlassJKlass

Can someone tell me where I would need to enter this code?  I want to do the same thing.  Will this work for partner portal users?

ReidCReidC

Are you working with Simple Quote 1.0 or something else?

There's Visualforce page that you need to modify if so.  If I remember correctly there's only a single VF page and these fields are toward the top.

It should work for Partner Portal users as well.

HTH.

JKlassJKlass

Thanks, I tried to do it using the built in quote system in SF but it looks like youc an't access that PDF anywhere.  So I downloaded Simple Quote from the app exchange and was able to edit the HTML in the Visualforce page.  I wish SF would give us access to the PDF for the built in quote system.  It doesn't make sense to give partners the ability to quote their clients but not be able to have their company name and address in the quote.

JKlassJKlass

Does anyone know if it's possible to pull in a Partner's logo with a merge field on these quotes?  I have them uploaded on a custom object.