function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
sumitasumita 

ppt as document

Hi,

I am having a small requirement. I have made a button on account detail page, which takes some values from that record, populates those values in the custom vf page(thru merged fields; dynamically), and then using content-type as ppt in <apex: page>, it shows the page output as ppt correctly. but this copy is on the local machine. What i want is that, the complete page that is showing up, should get a 'ppt document' created in documents folder so that it may become a server copy so whover can access it. I hope i have made myself clear. Hope to get help from all of you..

ReidCReidC

I don't know how it will work with a PPT but this Force.com Labs app -- Sales Quotes with Line Items -- produces a PDF and then attaches it.  It's good sample code that's easy to inspect to see if it will work for you.

sumitasumita

thanks for replying. i have already got it working for pdf. but my req is for ppt. now the concern is that, when we save it as ppt, all the data that is there in the ppt, tries to fit itself in one slide, rather than getting page break(slide break) after cetain amount of text. i have tried both forms of "page-break-after" but to no avail. 

can anyone help me in getting those into different slides(pages).

another thing is that images do render on pdf, but do not render on ppt/word/excel. can any holy soul please provide some directions/workarounds?

thanks,

Sumita 

sumitasumita
no takers???