function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Debbie61Debbie61 

Customer Portal User not seeing my new VF tab

I checked my customer portal's profile and my new VF tab

is included in the profile and is set to "Default On".

When I log in to the portal as the user, I cannot see the tab.

Can somebody please tell me what steps I may have missed?

Thanks

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
Debbie61Debbie61

We do not provide the All Tabs to our Custmer Portal users, so that was not an option.

I found what I think is a bug in SFC. When you first create a VF tab, you get a page where you can Add the Tab

to Profiles and also to Add to Custom Apps, which our Customer Portals show up as Custom Apps.

This is where I had restricted access while in development mode so I did not select any of our customer portals

while developing

What I think is a bug, is that once you create a VF tab, there is no way to edit that tab to get back to those screens to add the availability.

I just had to create a new tag.

Now the tab displays in the portal.

All Answers

NZ_XueNZ_Xue
go to All Tabs -> Customize My Tabs -> drag your tab form available tabs list into selected tabs list
Debbie61Debbie61

We do not provide the All Tabs to our Custmer Portal users, so that was not an option.

I found what I think is a bug in SFC. When you first create a VF tab, you get a page where you can Add the Tab

to Profiles and also to Add to Custom Apps, which our Customer Portals show up as Custom Apps.

This is where I had restricted access while in development mode so I did not select any of our customer portals

while developing

What I think is a bug, is that once you create a VF tab, there is no way to edit that tab to get back to those screens to add the availability.

I just had to create a new tag.

Now the tab displays in the portal.

This was selected as the best answer