function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
AutobatAutobat 

command link is reloading the page not firing the APEX method

Hey guys,

Interesting one here.  Code that was working perfectly last week is now behaving differently....

When the command link is clicked the action that it is attached to is not being fired but instead the page is reloading and therefore the page Init method is the next one to fire.  So i guess my problem is that the command link and the APEX method are no longer hooked together.  I have recompiled all the code and no errors so im a little confused as to why.....  

To add some complexity, this problem only exists in IE.  

Safari, firefox and chrome are all working perfectly.

Cheers,

Chris 

stephanstephan
Could you post the source of your VF page and controller?
AutobatAutobat

<td width="70px" > <apex:commandLink action="{!View}" value="View" id="theViewLink" ><apex:param name="clickedCaseId" value="{!Case.Id}" /></apex:commandLink> <apex:outputText value=" | " rendered="{!CurrentLoggedInUser.CanEditCase}" /> <apex:commandLink action="{!Edit}" value="Edit" id="theEditLink" rendered="{!CurrentLoggedInUser.CanEditCase}" ><apex:param name="clickedCaseId" value="{!Case.Id}" /></apex:commandLink> </td>##################################public pageReference View(){ System.Debug('Case View Clicked'); System.Debug('Session Id - ' + mSessionId); System.Debug('Case Click Id - ' + MyRADAR_QUtils.GetClickedCaseId()); return MyRADAR_QUtils.GetMyRADARCaseView(mSessionId, MyRADAR_QUtils.GetClickedCaseId());} public pageReference Edit(){ System.Debug('Case Edit Clicked'); System.Debug('Session Id - ' + mSessionId); System.Debug('Case Click Id - ' + MyRADAR_QUtils.GetClickedCaseId()); return MyRADAR_QUtils.GetMyRADARCaseEdit(mSessionId, MyRADAR_QUtils.GetClickedCaseId(), null);}

Code is nice and simple.

As soon as i hit that link the page is reloading and firing the Init action that I have defined in the page tag,

AutobatAutobat

hmmmm, it really did a good job on formatting there, let me try again:

<td width="70px" >

<apex:commandLink action="{!View}" value="View" id="theViewLink" ><apex:param name="clickedCaseId" value="{!Case.Id}" /></apex:commandLink>

<apex:outputText value=" | " rendered="{!CurrentLoggedInUser.CanEditCase}" />

<apex:commandLink action="{!Edit}" value="Edit" id="theEditLink" rendered="{!CurrentLoggedInUser.CanEditCase}" ><apex:param name="clickedCaseId" value="{!Case.Id}" /></apex:commandLink>

</td>

##################

public pageReference View()

{

System.Debug('Case View Clicked');

System.Debug('Session Id - ' + mSessionId);

System.Debug('Case Click Id - ' + MyRADAR_QUtils.GetClickedCaseId());

return MyRADAR_QUtils.GetMyRADARCaseView(mSessionId, MyRADAR_QUtils.GetClickedCaseId());

}

public pageReference Edit()

{

System.Debug('Case Edit Clicked');

System.Debug('Session Id - ' + mSessionId);

System.Debug('Case Click Id - ' + MyRADAR_QUtils.GetClickedCaseId());

return MyRADAR_QUtils.GetMyRADARCaseEdit(mSessionId, MyRADAR_QUtils.GetClickedCaseId(), null);

}

Message Edited by Autobat on 03-14-2010 06:45 PM
SlingerSlinger

I'm having this same issue, but in Firefox and only some of the time. I have a very simple table and not much else. It's hard to figure out the exact steps to make it happen, but it's happening enough to cause problems. Did you ever find an answer to this?

Thanks,

Adam

AutobatAutobat

Hey Adam,

I'm afraid I never got to the bottom of it as I ended up just doing the redirection on the client side and not the server side.

Sorry