function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Debbie61Debbie61 

Need help understanding why VF thinks I am missing end tags

I am scratching my head silly over this one. I am getting errors stating that I am missing the following two end tags

</apex:page> </apex:pageBlockSection>

Problem is that I am not missing them. They are in my code. Can somebody please look at this and maybe find what my real problem is? Here is all the code for this page

<apex:page Controller="SecurityDAO"> <script type="text/javascript"> function adios () { var username = {!Security.SW_Username__c}; if ( username != null ){ var myform = document.getElementById("form1"); var a = document.getElement myform.submit(); } else { alert("Error"); } window.onload = adios; </script> <apex:messages styleClass="exceptionText"/> <apex:pageBlockSection rendered="{!Security.SW_Username__c != null}"> <h1>Welcome {!$User.FirstName} {!$User.LastName} to the Winds Logon Page</h1><p></p> Clicking on the tab should open a new browser window and log you in to</br> Winds. Your browser must allow pop-ups for this to occur. You can also</br> log in to Winds by clicking the button below. <form id="form1" method="post" action="https://{!Security.SW_URL__c}/data/Login.aspx?ReturnUrl=%2fDefault.aspx" target="_blank"> <input TYPE="hidden" name="ctl00$ContentPlaceHolder1$Username" value="{!Security.SW_Username__c}"/> <input TYPE="hidden" name="ctl00$ContentPlaceHolder1$Password" value="{!Security.SW_Password__c}" /> <input type="hidden" name="__EVENTTARGET" id="__EVENTTARGET" value="" /> <input type="hidden" name="__EVENTARGUMENT" id="__EVENTARGUMENT" value="" /> <br /> <input type="submit" value="Winds Login" /><br /> </form> </apex:pageBlockSection> </apex:page>

Appreciate any help I can get. Thanks.

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
Debbie61Debbie61
I changed it to a

<apex:pageBlock

and now its happy. Guess I was using the components incorrectly.

All Answers

Debbie61Debbie61
I changed it to a

<apex:pageBlock

and now its happy. Guess I was using the components incorrectly.
This was selected as the best answer
Debbie61Debbie61
Well, I wish I could delete that previous "solution" post because I just wasn't seeing that the error is still displaying on the page. Now it says the pageBlock end tag is not there.......
Debbie61Debbie61
The problem was with my html tags and not putting the slash at the end instead of the beginning of tat