function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
RiPaulRiPaul 

How do we create test harness from Eclipse that executes VF custom controller in debug mode?

Hi guys,

I've got a new VF page that is using a customer controller (VF controller extension).   All's well.   The VF page has an autorun event defined as its action that is invoked via a custom button on a Task sObj.  

I can run this little "app" from within SF just fine and preview the SF Debug Logs looking for output from my System.debug statements.   However, this is pretty clumsy and I'm thinking there's got to be a better way to run this little VF applet from the Force.com Debug perspective under Eclipse.  

Right now all I have in my Eclipse project is my src->pages-> myPage and src->classes->myClass.   Can I add the stock SF Task sObj to my project and somehow run my tests from Eclipse where I can set breakpoints, etc??   Please, there's got to be a way and I'm just missing some area of the documentation that might explain how to set this up.

Thanks very much in advance for any direction one of you might be able to extend.

Best regards,

Paul 

Anand@SAASAnand@SAAS

Debug logs are currently the only way to trouble shoot issues with your program logic at this time. 

RiPaulRiPaul

Thanks very much for the speedy reply and sanity check.   So, are you saying there's no way to step through controller code from Eclipse, or any other environment?  I guess one could cut/paste code into the Execute Anonymous view, but...wow...uhhh...hmmm.

What is your preferred environment / workflow for developing Apex classes and VF pages?

Thanks again,

-Paul