function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Christ.atcChrist.atc 

Refresh salesforce page from embedded visualforce page

Hi , im new to salesforce and would like to be able refresh/reload  my opportunity page on which i have embedded a small visual force page ,I have tried new page reference but it puts the new page only in the section on the visualforce page , I want it to reload/refresh the whole opportunity page.

I would be very grateful if anyone has some info on how to do it.

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
senthil_rectsenthil_rect

I have simillar problem and able to solve this issue.

<apex:column headerValue="Chil Object Name" width="25%">
                    <apex:outputLink value="/{!childObject.parentObject.id}" target="_top">{!childObject.parentObject.name}</apex:outputLink>
</apex:column>

This refresh the parent page and loaded with linked parent page.

All Answers

ScoobieScoobie

This can be quite simple using an apex:outputLink. just set the attribute target="_Top" or a javascript function which refreshes window.top.location=""

Christ.atcChrist.atc

Hello Scoobie, could you please give me a sample code on how this can be done? :smileysurprised:

sunil_kumarsunil_kumar

Hi christ,

I am also having same requirement. i also want to refresh my salesforce page when i click on button in visualforce page which is embedded in salesforce page.

i had embedded a vf page in cases to attach file so when i click on upload it should refresh whole salesforce page and uploaded file name will be visible in attached related list.

so can anyone help me out?

senthil_rectsenthil_rect

I have simillar problem and able to solve this issue.

<apex:column headerValue="Chil Object Name" width="25%">
                    <apex:outputLink value="/{!childObject.parentObject.id}" target="_top">{!childObject.parentObject.name}</apex:outputLink>
</apex:column>

This refresh the parent page and loaded with linked parent page.

This was selected as the best answer