function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
asadimasadim 

Page doesn't work in IE 8 when hosted on Salesforce

Hi,

I have a page written using dojo. This page works fine on all browsers when loaded locally but doesn't work in IE 8 when loaded from Salesforce (i.e. converted into a VF page with the libraries stored as Static Resources). I get:

dojo.body() is null or not an object

Any ideas why this is the case? Thanks!

imuino2imuino2

Does it work on any other browser when loaded from Salesforce?

Are you making sure that it is loading the dojo resource correctly?

Ignacio.

asadimasadim

Yes I've tested it on Firefox and Chrome and the page loads fine from Salesforce.

Here's a quite useful addendum: I get the above dojo.body() error when I say No to the following prompt:

Do you want to view only the webpage content that was delivered securely?

Saying Yes will cause the page to load very partially (maybe 2% of it -I basically see my custom background colour) with this error:

'dojo' is undefined

Btw I have already added the VF page to the Trusted websites in IE 8.

UPDATE: So after removing the showHeader="false" attribute from the VF page things seem to start working. BUT, the page styles get messed up if showHeader is not set to false and I need my proper styles to load otherwise the whole thing is useless.

GaneshDGaneshD

You can try following solution.

In order to avoid changes to support IE8, you can add following special tags to page.

X-UA-Compatible: IE=EmulateIE7

See http://support.microsoft.com/kb/952030 for more details.

asadimasadim

Already done that. Also I run my page in Compatibility Mode, which does the same things as your META tag. But thanks for the idea.