function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
paul-lmipaul-lmi 

Insufficient privileges on integrated Visualforce pages, randomly

We have integrated VF pages in some dashboards, and page layouts.  Once in a while, a user will report seeing the generic "insufficient privileges" salesforce page inside the iframe that this content is created as.  The only recourse is to have the user completely restart their web browser.

Questions

1. Does the force.com VF application service use the same session timeout that we have configured for the Salesforce org?

2. If so, what else could be causing this?  I'm led to believe session timeout, but it just doesn't add up.

aballardaballard

Is it possible that the users encountering this use multiple login ids from the same browser without exiting in between? I'm wondering if there is some issue with cookies left around from one session being incorrectly used (and hence rejected) when used from another.

paul-lmipaul-lmi

Nope.  One's a support manager, and the other is a front line agent, neither of which have any reason to hit a sandbox or dev org (front line agents don't even know about them).

BillHansonBillHanson

I have the same problem on one of my pages.  I found this post, and am currently testing it...

http://forums.sforce.com/t5/Visualforce-Development/Insufficient-privileges-error-on-embedded-VisualForce-page-after/m-p/168908