function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
s-Forces-Force 

Problem regarding call center

Hello Everyone, I am facing some problem in setting up call center in salesforce, pls someone help me for the same. I have successfully installed CTI adapter demo. and its also showing in my salesforce. but i have some ques regarding this. if anyone know the whole process regarding this pls tell me. 1. is their any cost for setting this? 2. how to integrate this with softphones and what softphone we have to use.? 3. how to call the person after installing. actually am new to this call center, i'll apriciate if anyone tell me process for same. pls revert for the same its really urgent. Thanks In Advance
Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
sfdcfoxsfdcfox

Maahi,

Q) "Is there any cost for setting this?"

A) There is no cost from Salesforce for enabling or using this feature, but your VoIP provider may have service fees for using their service. For example, Skype normally costs about $1.99 USD/month, depending on the service plan that your organization requires. Contact your service provider if you have any questions regarding service fees.

Q) "How do we integrate CTI with Softphones, and what Softphones should we use?"

A) Softphones typically have an API (Application Programming Interface) that allows them to be controlled by external software. Several providers have already developed a salesforce.com-enabled "CTI Bridge", which is the application that links the Salesforce CTI plugin (located in the web browser) to the API of your Softphone. There may or may not be a cost associated with this software. If no such software exists, you will need a developer to create a CTI Bridge by downloading the force.com Connect CTI Toolkit. You may want to use your favorite search engine to locate a suitable CTI Bridge, or visit the provider's website. In theory, any phone that can be controlled by computer software can be programmed for use with Salesforce. You must have the CTI Bridge installed on each computer that will use the CTI plugin.

Q) "How to call the person after installing?"

A) You can call using any method that the phone supports. If the CTI Bridge can control the phone's dialing, you can click on the "Phone" icon located next to any phone field in Salesforce to automatically dial the number using your phone. If the CTI Bridge can monitor the Softphone's outgoing calls, you can call from the Softphone directly and it will locate the suitable contact/lead/etc in Salesforce for logging a call. Finally, if the CTI Bridge can monitor incoming calls, and Caller ID is available, it will automatically navigate the user to the appropriate contact/lead/etc record within Salesforce to log a call.

You can read more information in Help & Training or at the link I provided above.

All Answers

sfdcfoxsfdcfox

Maahi,

Q) "Is there any cost for setting this?"

A) There is no cost from Salesforce for enabling or using this feature, but your VoIP provider may have service fees for using their service. For example, Skype normally costs about $1.99 USD/month, depending on the service plan that your organization requires. Contact your service provider if you have any questions regarding service fees.

Q) "How do we integrate CTI with Softphones, and what Softphones should we use?"

A) Softphones typically have an API (Application Programming Interface) that allows them to be controlled by external software. Several providers have already developed a salesforce.com-enabled "CTI Bridge", which is the application that links the Salesforce CTI plugin (located in the web browser) to the API of your Softphone. There may or may not be a cost associated with this software. If no such software exists, you will need a developer to create a CTI Bridge by downloading the force.com Connect CTI Toolkit. You may want to use your favorite search engine to locate a suitable CTI Bridge, or visit the provider's website. In theory, any phone that can be controlled by computer software can be programmed for use with Salesforce. You must have the CTI Bridge installed on each computer that will use the CTI plugin.

Q) "How to call the person after installing?"

A) You can call using any method that the phone supports. If the CTI Bridge can control the phone's dialing, you can click on the "Phone" icon located next to any phone field in Salesforce to automatically dial the number using your phone. If the CTI Bridge can monitor the Softphone's outgoing calls, you can call from the Softphone directly and it will locate the suitable contact/lead/etc in Salesforce for logging a call. Finally, if the CTI Bridge can monitor incoming calls, and Caller ID is available, it will automatically navigate the user to the appropriate contact/lead/etc record within Salesforce to log a call.

You can read more information in Help & Training or at the link I provided above.

This was selected as the best answer
s-Forces-Force

Thank you so much for your reply....... this will help me a lot......

thanks dear. :womanvery-happy: