function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
bdstangbdstang 

Rich Text Field Not Saving Data

I'm Trying to use the Rich Text field.  My intention is to replace an exising Long Text field.  The new field displays on my VF page, but when I enter data in it & use the standard controller !save, the information that I entered in the field is not saved.  The !save is not the problem as with the standard Long Text field things save just fine. 

Additionally, I have 3 events attached to the field that work fine with the standard Long Text field but does not with Rich Text version of the field.

Here is my VF Code:

<td ><apex:InputField id="AcademicAchievementRichText" value="{!I4__c.AcademicAchievementText__c}" style="width: 99%; height: 500px" onfocus="CharRemaining.style.visibility='visible';
                                      maxLngth = 3500;
                                      elmnt = '{!$Component.AcademicAchievementText}';
                                      charRemain(elmnt , maxLngth );"   
                             onblur="CharRemaining.style.visibility='hidden';"
                             onkeyup="charRemain(elmnt , maxLngth );">
                        </apex:InputField></td>

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

imuinoimuino

Check all your pages and controllers versions, it must be all set to 18 version.

bdstangbdstang

They're all set to version 18.  I had to do that to get the Rich Text control to show up.

robbyG1robbyG1

Any luck with this?

I'm also encountering the same issue. All fields that are not richtext are being save while the richtext ones always have null value.

Pages and Controllers are all version 18.0

adsfasdfasdfasdadsfasdfasdfasd

Any solution to this? I'm having the same problem with 19.0 ...

Thanks,

John