function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
ManjeetManjeet 

Spring Application with Force.com ?

Hi All,

I have heard that if you have a j2ee application developed on spring 2.0 . You can deploy your war file at unmanaged package and can access your application instantly from force.com . But I didn't found such a thing .Someone suggest me to convert our struts based application into spring framework and then deploying the war file . can We deploy war file as unmanaged package ?

every help will be appreciated .........

thanks

paul-lmipaul-lmi

you're thinking of vmforce (vmforce.com), which isn't even in developer preview yet.

ManjeetManjeet

Thanks for reply

But I am not looking for VMforce . One techie told me that you can deploy war file of Spring application on force.com's unmanaged package directly . Is it possible to put a war file in unmanaged package and run application instantly ?

Thanks again

paul-lmipaul-lmi

your techie was incorrect/misinformed.

the only difference between a managed and unmanaged package is related to appexchange management of the code, not what type of code you can use.  deploying a war file is something specific to vmforce, when it comes to the salesforce world.

user123.ax1086user123.ax1086

Hi,

Can any one please assist me on who to host a .war file in force.com and run the application. I have deployed my application war file in JBOSS at my local machine.