function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
admintrmpadmintrmp 

Adding Visualforce to detail page - not working

I'm trying to add a visualforce page to a detail layout. I've started off with a simple blank page with 'Hello World' and dragged it onto the detail page layout in it's own section. I've saved it all successfully.

The section appears and the page is set to it's appropriate width and height. But the page is blank. Why is this?

The page is set to it's standardController correctly.

SargeSarge

Please check if you have id value of the record posted in url paramters.

admintrmpadmintrmp

I mean the Visualforce page that I'm adding is blank. Not the whole page.

Without an ID parameter I wouldn't get anywhere.

Pradeep_NavatarPradeep_Navatar

Similiar functionality i have used in one of my project but i didn't face any issue when i added a visual force page in object detail page layout :

<apex:page standardController="Contact" extensions="cls_concheckportal"></apex:page>

Hope this helps.

admintrmpadmintrmp

Hi Thanks, I thought it would be that easy but it still doesn't show.

In Firefox, if I open up the frame in a new tab, it shows up as an "untitled" page with the following HTML:

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN"><html><head><title></title></head><body></body></html>

The following code is being used:

<apex:page showHeader="false" standardController="venue__c" extensions="ManageLocation">
	Hello world
</apex:page>

This shouldn't be the case at all. I'm assuming that my basic visualforce page is not the issue here. My detail page layout has been supplied with the visualforce page element with the following settings:

There doesn't seem to be an issue in those settings either. So I'm really confused by this issue.

Just removed the visualforce page, saved and then put it back and saved again, and still no page showing.

aballardaballard

I think you'll need to file a support case on this.... what you are describing all sounds correct.  Someone will need to investigate what is different about your code....

admintrmpadmintrmp

There's one thing I didn't realise to mention!

The detail page is being rendered via the <apex:detail /> element. Would this make any difference?

Edit: It works on a standard page! It's the visualforce page causing the problem! I demand this outrage gets addressed! :smileyvery-happy: