function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
ajitvermaajitverma 

Not able to login into external site embedded as IFrame in VF page

I have designed a VF page and using <iframe> tag to open an external site into the page itself. Purpose of embedding this iframe is to allow user to login into another website and view the external details in the same VF page. In Internet explorer, I can see the login screen but when I pass username/password, It does nothing and I can't login into external site. Same VF page is working perfect in Firefox and Chrome and I am able to login successfully and view external details.
Any help is appreciated.

I have designed a VF page and using <apex:iframe> tag to open an external site into the page itself. Purpose of embedding this iframe is to allow user to login into another website and view the external details in the same VF page. In Internet explorer, I can see the login screen but when I pass username/password, It does nothing and I can't login into external site. Same VF page is working perfect in Firefox and Chrome and I am able to login successfully and view external details.

Any help is appreciated.

Pradeep_NavatarPradeep_Navatar

The issue may be related to the security settings.Does it shows any message related to security settings?

ajitvermaajitverma

Yes Pradeep, this is something related with security settings and I tweaked around that.  However I could not succeed. There is no error message displayed on login attempt.

jjvdevjjvdev

I am having the exact same problem, were you able to find a work around?  Preferably one that does not require changing IE security settings?  

I've been able to solve this by enabling caret browsing for new windows and tabs under Internet Options > Advanced > Accessibility.  I'm hoping something can be entered into the code of the VF page that can workaround it as IT policy will not allow changing security settings for end users.

-Thanks