function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
daniel.duartedaniel.duarte 

Mimicking listViews

Hi,

I have an object MyObject__c with some fields Filed1__c, Field2__c, Field3__c.

I want to develop a custom page where the user can specify values for one or more of the fields and then the corresponding records are shown. I already have the filter working, but I need a way of showing the results. I want it to look like the Salesforce satandard lists, with a checkbox column, the options to Edit or Delete the records, and the links to each record. I also want to limit the number of rows, and if there are more records it would be shown in different pages.

When I add the tag

<apex:listViews type="MyObject__c"/>

it has everything I want, but I didn't find a way of showing only selected records, based on the filter. I needed something like:

<apex:listViews value="{!myObejctList}"

but there isn't such attribute.

What is the best way to mimic the listViews? How can I present the filter results in a table, with the options of editing and deleting?

Thanks 

CLKCLK

for paging functionality & for some extra customized attribute, you can use "<apex:enhancedList>" component.

e.g. - <apex:enhancedList type="Account" height="300" rowsPerPage="10" id="AccountList" />

As per my knowledge,u can't do filtering using this component. For that you need to put extra efforts by using PageBlockTable component and adding action "Edit,Delete,View" column to give functionality like standard SF List provide.