function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
raghu123raghu123 

Deleting data from Custom Object

Hi Everybody,

Is there any possible way to delete all data from Custom Object , by clicking a Command Button  In a Visual

Force Page.....???

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
raghu123raghu123

HI Imran,

Thank you for reply.

I just  want  to display data by grouping customfields,but data should be new data. when user enters data into temp object and clicks xyz button. Datatable should display  whatever data he enters into that customfields  at that time not whole data.

When  i entered data into tempobject.clicks xyz button. datatable displaying old  data too..

Thank you,

All Answers

nagasnagas

mass delete of records why dont you use Data Loader for that. Its safe if any other user mistakenly clicks on that button the data will be lost right. Any particualr reason for doing this.

raghu123raghu123

HI Nagas,

I Created a temp custom object with four custom  fields having lookup relation to  four other custom objects.

Now If user enters data into temp object by clicking save button . table  should display data by grouping custom fields.

But Table displaying  all data of Custom Object .I need to display only temp data(when user enters data in lookup fields an clicks save button it should  display only that data  ) .......

I am comfused,can i erase data from customobject,before user enters data into custom fields?

Instead of saving data to customobject can i save data to A String ??

Appreciate your Help

Thank You

Imran MohammedImran Mohammed

Yes, data can be erased in the temp custom object when the button is clicked.

But i am not clear with the question you have.

Can you be little more clear on the question, or can you post the code?

raghu123raghu123

HI Imran,

Thank you for reply.

I just  want  to display data by grouping customfields,but data should be new data. when user enters data into temp object and clicks xyz button. Datatable should display  whatever data he enters into that customfields  at that time not whole data.

When  i entered data into tempobject.clicks xyz button. datatable displaying old  data too..

Thank you,

This was selected as the best answer