function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
bdstangbdstang 

not a valid child relationship name for entity Account

I have a single user who receives the following error "...not a valid child relationship name for entity Account".

Normally when I have received this error, it is because a particular VF page is not  enabled for a particular Profile, or a package is not Deployed.  However, the odd thing in this case is that this error is only happening to a single user who has the same Profile as a number of other users of the same Profile who are not getting the error.  Also, when I create a new account for this user, using the same Profile as his old account, the new account works just fine.  What am I missing?

Your help in understanding and resolving this issue would be appreciated.

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
bdstangbdstang

aballard,

You pointed me in the right direction.  Thanks so much!

What I did to resolve the issue was to remove the Overriding page on the Account object, make sure the Related List was on the standard Page Layout, saving the Page Layout & Overriding all User's customizations, then re-Overriding the Account object with the Page.

All Answers

aballardaballard

I believe there is a known issue where if a user has removed a related list from his personalized layout for the standard page (using either "customize this page" or "setup/change my display"), then that related list will produce this error message on visualforce pages that attempt to include the related list.

bdstangbdstang

Are you aware of a way to fix it?

bdstangbdstang

aballard,

You pointed me in the right direction.  Thanks so much!

What I did to resolve the issue was to remove the Overriding page on the Account object, make sure the Related List was on the standard Page Layout, saving the Page Layout & Overriding all User's customizations, then re-Overriding the Account object with the Page.

This was selected as the best answer