function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
ram2forceram2force 

How to Run Visual force Page coding in the Eclipse.

I am using Force.com IDE with Eclise 3.6.  How to Run Visual force Page coding in the Eclipse. Where can I see my Page Output.

Consider I developed an Visual force Page for my organisation. I want that same Visual force page for other Organisation. How to port that Application to that organisation.(It is like changing .exe files from system to system).

Then How to deploy that Application in AppExchange........

Plz clear my Basic doubts....Then only I can go to developement......In Force.com Tutorials they give Codings for Visual force page....but didn't say How to  Edit coding, Run that coding in Eclipse IDE....Plz Help...............

bob_buzzardbob_buzzard

You can't see the page output in eclipse - Visualforce pages have to be served from a Salesforce instance.

You can deploy from one org to another in Eclipse - right click on the page, select Force.com menu and then Deploy to Server from the submenu.

Publishing on the app exchange is covered in detail in the following document:

https://na1.salesforce.com/help/doc/en/salesforce_appexchange_publish_guide.pdf

ram2forceram2force

Thank you for your reply....Also I have another doubt.....can I use HTML for developing visual force pages.....or strictly I want to Visual force tags ah???  After deploying the Page, how to see my new page in Developer Edition....

Can you explain what are categories of Force.com.......I have lot of confusions......If I want to create a public websites in Force.com....Shall i want to develop pages in visualforce???.....

can i  develop my public Website in cloud platform for free...in developer Edition?????

Plz clear my doubts........

bob_buzzardbob_buzzard

You can mix HTML and visualforce tags as you wish.  

You can see your new page in developer edition by going to :

https://<salesforce instance>/apex/<mypagename>

All of this is documented in the Visualforce Developer's Guide.  I'd suggest you have a read of this, as it will take you through the entire process.

It wuold be better to develop your website on a free force edition - developer is limited in some ways and shouldn't be used for production data.

ram2forceram2force

My task is,

I want to Create a site in free Edition and give it other organisation.That organisation person Simply go to browser(without buy salesforce CRM)-->Type Url of Organisation(domain  created by me )-------->Person can view the Site Page.

Is it possible..........Any Charges shall I want to pay for Salesforce for Creating domain,(or) anything pay by organisation. please clear my doubts..........

Also I want to create Public sites...for that which language is best.....I think in force.com siteforce they  said.....create domain...after create sites(1 site for developer edition)....then in sites we can create no.of visual force pages.....for this which language can i use.......how to use that.....in which IDE i will use.....

Balakrishna N 25Balakrishna N 25
Hi Ram

we can run visualforce page in eclipes by using the following steps

--> Create a visual force from  project-->src-->pages--> new Page
--> write ur code for visualforce and Save
--> right click on your VF page--->Force.com-->shown in Salesforce web

with this we can run our VF pages...

salesforceapexsalesforceapex
Hi Balakrishna, I'm trying you steps, but I couldn't able to replicate. The page is not loading/opening. Amy suggestion?
Pavan K JPavan K J
Hi salesforceapex,
 you can run visualforce page in Eclipse.
1. Select the VF page you want to open(in page folder),
2 right click and select 'open with' and
3. Select 'other'
4. then select 'internal web browser'.
The page displays!Tada!. But page will not open any styles or any slds you can just view the contents.