function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Dea73Dea73 

Overridden View Page

Hi,

I hope someone can answer this question.

Because of page layout issues i had to create a VF page to override a custom object View Page.

I also used the new inline editting feature for VF, which works like a charm.

But when i create a view list, i'm not able to to inline edit.

Why is this???? And is there a work around :smileymad:

Thanks in advance!!

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
Dea73Dea73

LOL!!! Dummy me!!

I figured out why they were locked. I didn't have the fields on the page layout. :smileytongue:

Thanks for your help!!!

All Answers

bob_buzzardbob_buzzard

Inline editing of list views is controlled from the User Interface setting.  

Go to Setup -> App Setup -> User Interface

and confirm that the "Enable inline editing" box is ticked.

Dea73Dea73

Inline editting is enabled, it's just for the particular overridden page that inline editting doesn't work.

bob_buzzardbob_buzzard

Can you clarify the issue - are you trying to inline edit the fields on a related list in a visualforce page?

Dea73Dea73

I have a custom object that i had to change the layout of;  to accomplish this i created a VF page.

I overrode the View page of the Object with the VF page. ( With the view page i mean the page that opens when you click on the link of an object, where you can see the details and can press the edit button to make update). I used the new inline edit feature for VF pages so the user don't hav eto click on the edit button to make updates.

So far everything works fine.

The problem is when i created a view (lets say my custom object is called locations and i want to create a view of all finished location)and checked the checkboxes of the rows of location that i want to edit a field of, the field is not selectable.

None of the fields are.

Hope this explains the issue a bit better.

bob_buzzardbob_buzzard

So this is a list view, yes?

Have you got enhanced list views enabled in the User Interface settings that I referred to earlier?  I think you need this to be able to inline edit.

Dea73Dea73

Yes, to both questions!!!

bob_buzzardbob_buzzard

Interesting.  My free force org allows inline editing with these settings, but my dev org doesn't.  Investigations continue!

bob_buzzardbob_buzzard

Does your custom object have record types? I recall reading some time ago that inline editing is only available in a list view when all of the records have the same record type.  I've just been through and tested on my dev org and free force, and I can inline edit on the free force where all accounts have a single record type, while on the dev org I have to create a view that limits the accounts to a single record type to be able to inline edit.

Dea73Dea73

LOL!!! Dummy me!!

I figured out why they were locked. I didn't have the fields on the page layout. :smileytongue:

Thanks for your help!!!

This was selected as the best answer